Sunday, May 17, 2009

State Championship yesterday


Well, it was a hard-fought game but Noelle's team lost 0 -3 against a Winston-Salem private school. That team just played better. We were out-played, out-coached, out-everythinged at the championship game. This was Noelle's 4th time being in the semi-finals for our state 2A championship. She's been playing on the Varsity team since the 7th grade (and now she's in the 10th). Her team has come so close to winning every year for 4 years. And since CCS actually won the state championship last year, I guess it would be VERY unusual to win it again.Last year CCS had an exceptional team but we lost 5 seniors. This year 2 graduated this past Thursday. So, the Varsity team will only have 1 or 2 seniors next year... The team will just not be as talented for next year. So this might be the last year that CCS even makes it to the semi-final game. Well, Noelle will need to learn how to give to a team and push on even when her team loses.

Colonial Baptist had a senior banquet tonight and our whole family was privileged to be a part of it. There must have been 200 or more people there. Don Sandberg gave a great talk on the pricelessness of our faith in Christ. I had never even thought of that before. God highly values our faith in Him. He marvels at it. I want to have a faith like that. I pray that all of our children have a strong faith in the Lord and live in Him every day. I long to see Christian standing firm in his faith and loving the Lord with all his heart. That's my prayer.

Only 4 more days of kindergarten. I can't believe the year is over (well, almost). I should get my contract this week as to what I will be doing this coming year. I am tired. I need a summer of rest and cleaning my house. I really desire to move, Lord. Please, please help us to sell our house soon.

Nighty night!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment