Thursday, March 29, 2012

What a Week I've had!

We have been navigating some really rough waters the past week - i am so glad that it is somewhat behind us! I have never been too exposed to mental health issues - but the past 3 years have been a crash course in Bi-Polar Disorder in one of our family members.

I am so thankful for all our friends, family members, church family, etc. who have been instrumental in supporting us through this roller coaster ride. Whew! Realizing that our kids are not ours... they belong to the Lord. They are His. And He loves them way more than we could ever love them. That has been a huge comfort.

There are a lot of people who don't understand the sickness that can occur in the brain. There is definitely a chemical inbalance in someone's brain that can totally change a person's countenance, behavior, attitudes, and outlook on life. How powerful our brains are! THANK the Lord that there is medication now - and so much help for - people who suffer with a mental illness or disorder. I am learning - so much and so fast.

If you know of any online sources to help with mental disorders - please email me! I would love to hear from you. AND if you have been touched by mental illness, I know what you're going through. I truly do. It's hard. But when your loved one is affected, you love them through all the ups and downs.

Heather
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment