Tuesday, June 9, 2009

YAY! We're on Vacation in Boone!

Wow. It's so beautiful in the mountains. I had totally forgotten how gorgeous it is up here. And the weather in June is perfect. I think the high today is 84*. It doesn't get much better than that. Our cabin is a log cabin nestled on the side of a mountain and trees everywhere. Only 2 negatives: no view of the mountains (boo hoo); AND the floors and walls are SO thin that when the kids walk into their bathroom on the 2nd floor, our master bedroom is right below it and it sounds like they are RIGHT in our room. Made for a very interesting night of sleep (or should I say, lack of sleep). Eric found a fan lurking in some closet and we are using it tonight for some "white" noise so we can sleep and not hear everything going on from outside to upstairs. Hopefully tonight will be a better sleep.

Other than that, we have 6 more nights of mountain bliss. We took Noelle over to the ASU soccer training fields where she worked out for 2 hours. I ran this black-top course nearby in the park. I think I ran about 30 minutes or so... a girl told me she thinks the course is over a 1/4 mile long. I don't know. It seemed a little longer than that... but I don't know nuthin'! Cooled off with a little lunch at Jersey Mike's, ran errands and headed back to our cabin.

Eric and I do a lot of reminiscing while up here. This is where we fell in love. This is where we were engaged. This is where our lives intertwined forever and it holds such a dear spot in our hearts. I guess it's been 25 years since we committed our lives to each other in Boone. Where has all the time gone? BLINK. There it went. But I guess I'm still happy we CAN remember what started our twitter-pation and that we can still laugh, cry and hug together. We're still together. That's awesome. More than awesome. I know we would NOT have made it without Christ. Never in a million years. And all the pain and heartache - and joys and triumphs - have made it all worthwhile.

So, I guess this post is to say that I'm thankful that Eric puts up with me. And amazingly, he still loves me. AND we're still friends. After all these years... Good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment