Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Christian's Future plans

Christian will be leaving for Texas in THREE weeks from today. I always thought I'd be ready for this. But I'm not. I'm really, really having a hard time in my heart letting him "go". I mean, he's 19 years old and not dependent on me at all; works at the ice cream shoppe, drives everywhere, and has graduated from high school. BUT, in my heart, I still cherish the little boy and he'll always be my first son. I am so sad just thinking about not having him around. He has such a great sense of humor. And he can be so funny - he really makes me laugh alot. When he leaves, I think then I'll realize in new ways how much I depended on him. His greatest gift (among his many!) is his servant heart. He will serve and not complain. He'll do anything around the school. He's humble and works HARD at everything he does. I asked him to load up a computer desk (free from work!) and he took it apart, put it in the van, took it out of the van at home and put it all back together in one afternoon. He NEVER complained - and he seemed to enjoy doing it. Wow. I'm really going to miss him. I know he'll come home in December. But once he leaves, he won't ever be the same.

Granite. On to another subject. Looking at quotes and trying to decide what color to put in our outdated, 15 year old kitchen laminate counters. Anything would be an upgrade, I can tell you. Then we will use a remnant piece of granite for our master bath. They just really need to be updated. The best quote is for $4,000... I am leary about using a company that we know nothing about. So, I'll wait for Eric to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment