Wednesday, August 12, 2009

new year in School!

Isn't my nephew handsome?? I'm so very, very proud of him! He went on a missions trip to India for 6 weeks over the summer. He lived with shepherds most of the time, slept in a tent, and basically got to know the mountain Indians of the Himalayas. He came back a different man... he was awesome before the trip but now he's even MORE awesome! My sister, Jennie, was so worried about him going to a third-world country but God took such good care of him. I'm glad he's back safe and sound though. ( I guess I was a little worried about him too. I guess Christians aren't supposed to use the word "worry" cause that means we're not very spiritual... hee, hee.) I'm going to visit my sister, Jennie, her husband, Fred, Ian and Amy (my nephew and niece) in 2 weekends. I know that Ian took a ton of photos - I can't wait to hear all about it!

Am I as smart as a 5th grader?? Well, I'll find out this year! I'll be grading all their math, spelling, grammar, history, etc., etc. and will test myself on my knowledge. I hope that I keep my brain working all my life - I think it helps you not get alzheimers. I let my mind get lazy over the summer and I stopped working on crossword puzzles daily. That's not a good thing. I should definitely go back to that. At least one puzzle a day to keep my mind sharp.

I found tons of pictures in the attic. I didn't even remember I had some of them. I'm so glad because there are pictures of my 18th birthday... church camp at Ridgecrest... a trip to Maine one summer with my dad, mom and Jonathan (brother)... I felt "wierd" afterwards. Almost sad. It was like I was looking at someone else and not myself... but I had all the memories of that person but I didn't feel like that person in the picture. Wierd. Really. I want to start scrapbooking them. I think it will be therapeutic for me to dredge up all those old memories and see how far the Lord has brought me. He has really done some good things in my life. He is good. I know He's good but when I see these pictures, I have proof of His goodness in my life if I'll just concentrate on Him and not forget. He has done miracles!

Well, I'm lovin' my 5th grade class and working for Mrs. Robinson. Wow! I had no idea how hard I had it last year. I'm so thankful that the Lord moved me. I have such peace working with Debora and we get along well. I really enjoy grading papers too. Once I learn how to do it all, then I can get speedier. Shurley Grammar takes a long time but hopefully I'll get faster and faster. I don't even mind going out for recess or P.E. Well, P.E. would have been really hot yesterday since the outside temp was 102* but thank God our class had P.E. today and it's around 85*. That feels like fall weather after Monday and Tuesday~!


No comments:

Post a Comment