Monday, August 8, 2011

Scrapbooking Fun at Fellowship Friday




I had such an amazing time at Fellowship Friday's this past weekend! I sat with an old, old friend - I met her some 10 years ago at a scrapbooking weekend in Asheboro, NC! She cooked all the food and the other 40 or so of us scrapbooked all weekend. Well, Nancy and her daughter happened to sit with me on Friday and all day Saturday. We had a great time talking about our children - and she understood what I was saying exactly. I am so thankful I could re-connect with her. I had no idea we had so much in common... we didn't get a whole lot of scrapping done but we sure got a lot of chatting done!

I was also humbled and blessed to win the "best" layout contest for the weekend. I posted a picture at the top of this post with my creation. I had so much fun with the layout and it came together very easily. It was a 5 X 7 picture of my daughter, Noelle, and I. I scrapbooked about how her dad and I give her all kinds of advice... but now, she's flying from our nest and going to be making all her own decisions. Hopefully, all the love, hope, sweat and work we've poured into her life will start to come to fruition this year and all the following years. That's what Eric and I pray for. I used my Cricut Expression to cut the large scalloped circle in purple. I also cut out some light-colored banners with my cricut but the picture quality is so bad that you can't see them. I will try to post a better layout picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment